Expert Advisory Group on Tax on Land and Property
The Expert Advisory Group on Tax on Land and Property has completed its function of providing advice to the Commission, which shaped the recommendations that the Commission put to Ministers in late January 2022.
Members of the Group were experts in their field drawn from a range of backgrounds including accounting, regeneration and development, surveying, legal and economics.
The Group used the Land and property taxation in Scotland: Initial scoping of options for reform report as a starting point to working with the Commission on pragmatic and ambitious options for reforming tax on land and property in Scotland to help address inequalities and create a fairer, more resilient Scotland where everyone benefits from the use, management and ownership of land.
The members of the Expert Advisory Group on Tax on Land and Property were:
- Lorne MacLeod – Scottish Land Commissioner and Chartered Accountant
- Charlotte Barbour – Director of Taxation, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
- Graeme Blackett – Director, Biggar Economics
- Miriam Brett – Director of Research and Advocacy, Common Wealth
- Shona Glenn – Head of Policy and Research, Scottish Land Commission
- Phil Prentice – Chief Officer, Scotland’s Towns Partnership
- Don MacLeod – Partner, Land and Property Department, Turcan Connell
- David Melhuish – Director, Scottish Property Federation
- Jeremy Moody – Secretary and Adviser to the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers
- Ailsa Raeburn – Consultant specialising in community asset ownership