Opportunity – Event and Communications Support for Land Connection 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for a contractor to support the Scottish Land Commission in delivering our leading event this year.
We are looking for someone to help us with the behind-the-scenes work for our land reform conference ‘Land Connection 2021’ which is being held online from 4-6 October 2021.
Land Connection 2021 is the Land Commission’s flagship land reform conference and it will be held across three days from 4 to 6 October 2021. The aim of the conference is to bring people together to discuss how land – and the ways in which it is owned, managed and used – can help tackle Scotland’s big policy issues and create a greener and fairer economy.
The event will deliver a programme of webinars, panel discussions, workshops and Q&A sessions. A range of online content will also be published throughout the events.
In order to prepare for and deliver the event we are looking for a contractor who brings the following essential skillsets and experience:
- Proven content writing / editing experiences
- Good organisational skills
- High degree of technical literacy with experience of operating and running Zoom events
- Capacity to quickly understand the work and event and begin tasks instantly.
The contractor selected will be expected to help us with the following activities, along with other related activities as they emerge through delivery of the event:
- Delivering the event and provide background assistance on Zoom webinars, panel discussions, workshops etc
- Co-ordinating and liaising with speakers and contributors
- Arranging and recording pre-recorded sessions with speakers
- Editing, processing and uploading video from recorded sessions to the Land Commission YouTube channel
- Writing content for the website
- Preparing and editing event materials, speaker packs and delegate packs to be accessed on our website or downloaded via email
- Creating / managing events on Eventbrite
- Helping to manage attendee lists and mailing lists
- Helping to create emails via Mailchimp
- Helping prepare briefings for staff, Commissioners, speakers and contributors
Anyone interested in this opportunity should submit a proposal outlining relevant experience, why you are suitable for the contract and include details of the hourly fee to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 6 August 2021.
Full details and terms and conditions of contract can be found below.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org